The mission of the Center is to create an "Innovative Environment for the Evolution of Wireless".
At Wireless@KTH, Innovation is generated in our research projects with industry, and in particular supported by running smaller projects in collaboration with local wireless industry and with companies from traditionally non-wireless areas. New partners are often found in the application- and the "power generation" industry, for which wireless communications recently has become an enabler, e.g. with the development of the "smart grid".
Wireless@KTH is a part of, and co-located with, the EIT ICT Labs' Stockholm node. The ambition of the Center is to contribute to the action lines on "Future Media and Network Solutions" and the "Technology Transfer Program". In particular, Wireless@KTH is supporting the latter action by executing seed projects, which will constitute a good platform for collaboration with SMEs and actively support the generation of new innovations.
• Promote innovation and renewal in research by supporting "seed projects",
• Inviting and supporting guest researchers with the potential of opening new interesting areas or generating new projects.
• Recruit 2-3 new , larger, research capable, partners – primarily in the application domain (media, utilities, transport)
• Recruit 8-10 smaller SME partners in the domains of applications/infrastructure
• Establish new "vertical" research programs in the research areas "Networked M2M" and Mobile Services, involving new partners.
• Complementing (vertical partner structure)
o banking/media/mobile service domain and launch (at least) one research program in the area of Mobile Services/Apps
o utilities/transport/construction domain and launch (at least) one vertical research program in the M2M area
• Creating a new partnership program with clear offering for various partners including SMEs and a simplified contract and IPR management
More about the Center
IN BRIEF Wireless@KTH is a academia-industry collaborative center for research in "Wireless systems for the Tera Age" with the focus on wireless systems and services with a widespread demand, abundantly available, simple to purchase and access and affordable to a large number of consumers. Wireless@KTH is
- An innovative environment for the evolution of Wireless
- A project house for vision driven research in Wireless
A meeting place for world-leading players in Wireless
SUPPLYING THE FUTURE Well equipped to start filling the voracious supply-side vacuum in qualified knowledge workers, Wireless@KTH will evolve increasing numbers of undergraduate and graduate students who specialize in wireless communications. Based on KTH's long history in education and research, our capability in this realm will strengthen and expand collaboration across our entire range of partners - from global leaders to dynamic start-ups in the wireless industry.